The change of seasons always means I’m doing them (you know P-R-O-J-E-C-T-S). Don’t say the word out-loud right now or we may just run off to finish one. They are the reason for the lack of posts, though there is plenty to post about. Here’s a little update:
P-R-O-J-E-C-T #1 – Growth.
Our chickens have grown so big! When I came back from D.C., one flew out of the box to say “welcome home”. Though I appreciated the welcome, I didn’t appreciate them pooping on the kitchen floor constantly. We decided that weekend to go look for a temporary home before getting a coop and found a perfect solution! A rabbit cage, with a ‘rabbit run” that we can keep closed while they are still inside(it’s on the right of the cage). Then, for their permanent home outside, we will open the run so they can run out in the yard (we are putting up some high chicken wire around to protect from predators) and they can still use this cage to lay their eggs. The best part - it only cost about $139! Most coops start at $300 & go up from there. Plus, now Austin doesn't have to build one from scratch.
Cadence had to help daddy put it together. Here he is stopping for a drink.
…which brings me to more stories on growth. Our garden is growing alright this year. The plants were having a hard time getting sun inside (though they can’t be outside yet). Our lettuce and most of our tomatoes are gone. We plan to just buy plants from the store to replace the ones we lost. We still have plenty of peppers left and our strawberry plant. Plus, we are starting to see
peas outside! I could go on about the projects we have waiting in the yard but on to…
P-R-O-J-E-C-T #2 - the kitchen.
Yep – still! It’s been a period of about 6 months already and I finally got sick of looking at the kitchen without any kitchen cupboards. I buckled down last week during nap times and after Cade went to bed and sanded almost all of the cabinet bases myself (though Austin did help, and the “project group” I’m in helped me get to this point). I was so exhausted and wondered several times why I tackled this insane project. I’m hoping I like the color though, because it’s going to stay like this either way I think.
This week we are priming (and hopefully painting). I’m having hard time in general with colors. You think you like one and you get in the wall and …yuck! Plus I have a hard time piecing things together for the final outcome I want. It’s a work in progress! It’s frustrating sometimes for me seeing the homes of friends I think are really cute. I know what I like when I see it, but getting there is a whole different story for me.
P-R-O-J-E-C-T #3 - The personal projects.
Part A - Family Herbalist 101. Yep, I’m taking an online family herbalist course. I will probably save most posts about it for my personal blog, but it has definitely been taking my attention away from blogging. I forgot how much work “structured” learning can me. I am really enjoying it!
Part B - I’m also working on getting the music @ Girl’s Camp squared away (which in less than a month)!
C-O-N-C-L-U-S-I-O-N
The most important part of all of this for me is balance. Austin says you just have to “juggle”..literally. Throw a ball up in the air and another starts falling down. Your job – just keep them all in the air. It’s tough but we like being “anxiously engaged” around here. Another one of Austin’s quotes “it keeps ya’ out of trouble”.
No comments:
Post a Comment