Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Catching Up! Part 2 – The Craziest Week

As I said before, after almost a month of being sick, we had one of the craziest weeks of our lives, which included:

1. Our chicken “ran away” – I took Cadence in to get the eggs and the chickens hurried out of the coop. I couldn’t get them back in, but had to get ready for the temple. I quickly took a shower and came back outside to find only one! After searching almost 24 hours for it (off and on) we found out a little boy decided he was going to pick one up and take it home. We’re still trying to track him down, so if you see a white leghorn chicken with a little boy (4-5 yrs. old) in the center of Provo, PLEASE let us know! I’m missing the 2 eggs a day & I think our other chicken is lonely!

2. Our washer overflowed – again! I know, I know..we’ve needed a new one since we’ve moved in really. This time it FLOODED the kitchen and spilled into the living room. After using all my towels, baking soda, a friend’s carpet cleaner, and a fan, it’s mostly fixed. The carpet is still smelling a little funny.

3. Cadence ran away! I was on the computer and he was happily playing beside me. In a matter of about 1-2 minutes he went out the backdoor (which I forgot was open) down and down about a block (across the street). I ran frantically to find him and found him safely with a policeman who just “happened” to come around the corner just as he ran across the street. After giving them some information to finish their report, Cade now has a juvenile record and has been termed a “wanderer”. Just in case he does it again, they will know where to go to find parents. I felt like a horrible mom and cried for about an hour. I hope I never have to experience that again!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so sorry to hear about him running away! :( such little curious monkeys they can be!! I hope you are feeling better, you are not a horrible mom, they are just quick. I'm so glad he was okay.

Mila Family said...

how scary. My newphew did the same thing his grama was watching him and went in for lie 2 minutes and he was gone. We actually have an alarm bell on our door so every time it opens it rings, just in case. I am so scared of that happening to me. At least you know that you can survive it ans heavenly father was obviously looking out for cadence.

Shaylin Dopp said...

OH! Amy, I know exactly how you feel! Being a mom has scared me already. The other day I had Sydney on her bobby on the couch while I went to the bathroom. I had the TV on and heard a faint baby cry in the background. I opened the door a crack to check on her and she was GONE! I jolted from the bathroom bc I thought she had rolled of the bobby somehow, but turns out Kory had gotten home and picked her up to hold her. My heart sank and I started bawling. haha guess its the curse of the mom, eh? :) I forgot to blog that, guess i shall now.

Shaylin Dopp said...

AMY! I know how you feel about being a horrible mom. Remind me to tell you about when I left Sydney on the couch while I went to the bathroom.