In this space I will attempt to tell you why there have been very few posts, and if I get to posting, very few detail work or pictures. Our family life is a whirlwind of crazy events that just doesn't seem to be slowing down in the near future. So, here's a little update, without pictures, while I'm trying to wind down for bed.
Austin: Working on his MBA at University of Utah. Loves the team that he gets to work with and especially being able to carpool up there. He's focused on school and works hard to get homework done. Right now he's in a finance class (he only does two classes at a time), so of course he's blowing it out the water. We're really proud of him!
He loves his calling on the high council. The youth program keeps him busy and he's sad he's got to miss so much being at class. We have a fun time bouncing ideas off each other and talking about Young Women.
Work is going well for him. He's been doing some morning work at home so we can see him more. He's really been taking time to spend with the family and we're impressed with how well he's balancing everything. The only thing he seems to still not find time for? Sleep...
He'll attend his first rehearsal of Savior of the World tomorrow. Our stake is putting it on Dec 2-3. He will be a shepherd.
Amy: I'm busy juggling so many things as well. I'm also in Savior of the World, playing one of Mary's cousins (and perhaps the angel chorus). It's a good thing I've done the show before, so I at least know the music. Getting to rehearsal is not always easy when I have conflicts.
The Young Women program keeps me busy. I'm surprised how there is always something to do, not to mention ALWAYS an activity. The youth have TONS of activities! But what I'm learning has already made me a better wife and mom. I'm grateful for the lessons.
I saw a mouse in our house about a week ago. Since then, I've been deep cleaning the kitchen and it seems to be taking forever! I'm finally getting back to normal almost in that department. It's been exhausting adjusting to Austin being gone more! The house staying clean is really at the bottom of the list. I try to really clean when I can, and just keep everything up as I go.
I've been waking up earlier to get scriptures in before the house stirs. It's working out well and I enjoy my alone time. We're slowly building a healthy family schedule again. Kory's almost 6 months! The recovery as far as family life goes seemed to take longer with the 2nd boy.
Cadence: is always going! He is learning so much! We are starting to talk about sounds that letters make and find words that make them. He's always singing the alphabet song. He also loves "The Wheels on the Bus". He also knows up to 13 or 14 when counting and can name quite a few shapes. We've started on some lesser known ones for toddlers because I got bored with stars and circles.. (pentagons are currently houses though and crescents are still moons haha)
He memorized his first scripture for family night last week. Well, I memorized it practicing it with him, but he could at least say it with my help - D&C 131:6. He'll be learning two more in the coming month. We're already in Ether in the Book of Mormon. He loves to say his prayers, though he gets impatient still when others do. He's just starting to learn how to close his eyes during prayer.
He loves to help mommy! He's doing so well learning new chores. He knows where the dirty clothes go and always throws away Kory's diapers (which we call "big brother duty"). Don't try to throw one away for him!! If he catches you, he'll have a fit! We're working on him learning to put his clothes on by himself and make sure his shoes and toys are put away.
Cadence LOVES to play trains and cars. I often hear "Mommy, play trains with me". He loves to play with Kory also. They have a good time together and it's fun to see their relationship blossom!
Kory: is already 6 months old! Where did the time go? He scoots and sits supported. He spends most of his day observing, and then gets into talking moods (Cade just talks all the time). He's still pretty small weight-wise for his age, which we're working on. He also has an ear infection right now - poor guy!
Kory has such a sweet smile. He still smiles easily and at almost everyone. He is starting to get really excited, especially when he sees other kids playing. He wants to be apart of the action! He plays well with Cadence. Either Cadence will play while Kory watches, or Kory puts up with Cadence trying to tickle him and love on him. Occasionally, you'll catch them somewhere between the two, and it's fun to see the interact.
Kory loves to put things in his mouth now. A baby spoon is a favorite! You'll often hear Cade say "Kory, don't eat it". So cute! Kory also loves to be where everyone else is. He's an observer, so what fun is life if there is no one to observe?
We have an unofficial member of our household, Matthew, who has been staying with us. It's made life even more crazy. He's been here looking for a job and what was originally going to be two weeks sleeping on the couch, turned into six! Tomorrow he moves into his own place and we're excited to have seen him have a bit of success. We're also happy to have just our family for a couple of days..until..
Amy's mom comes here. It'll be nice to see her and spend time with her again. She'll be here a week and a half, and then shortly after, Amy and the boys go to Florida for Fernanda & Jorge's wedding. We're excited for the vacation from the rush!
Smith's are off and running!
No comments:
Post a Comment