Gregory William Nielsen Obituary: View Gregory Nielsen's Obituary by Deseret News
We are so shocked, as I'm sure most everyone is, by the passing of our pediatrician, Dr. Nielsen. He was recommended to us when our first son was born 3 yrs ago. We got to see him at least every two months, for 3 years, through the infancy of our two sons. He always seemed so easy going and happy. My typical concerns as a first time mom (and even the second time around) were always eased by his quick smile and laugh. He would offer his knowledge & expertise when I asked questions, but always made me feel like I was the one who got to choose what to do. He was always quick to apologize if he couldn't personally see us. I remember everyone in the office would call him the "gentle giant". His height never intimidated us because we always saw him on the rolling chair. Every visit he'd gently encourage the boys to laugh to put them at ease with all of the poking and prodding doctor's have to do. I also remember several visits he had pre-med students attending BYU with him. He has been a great mentor and guide for me as a mother and my boys through their infancy. We will dearly miss him. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family at the this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment