Monday, April 20, 2009

One active baby!

I remember having a two week old baby (never having a child before I wouldn't know any different) and everyone telling me how active he was. Even to this day (that phrase makes it sound longer than it is) he doesn't sleep as long as an average infant his age and he is always going! Most recently, he has figure out that he can move his legs! Some might say the spastic nature of the movements is due to his just learning this skill, or maybe built up energy. I think maybe it's at least partially due to his mom's spastic responses when he does stuff like this. Ether way, he continues to be one energizer bunny - who keeps going, and going, and going... All of this movement ended up being a precursor to another growth spurt - which means more sleep and lots more eating (even with the more sleep for baby, mom is still tired). He's a healthy growing boy! Just what we prayed for :)

No comments: