Yet another post that my husband could probably do justice to much better than I. One of the flaws of the blog is that it is done mostly from my (Amy's) perspective. I guess everything on it is pretty biased (which is why maybe there are so many pictures of our adorable little distraction).
In short, Austin got word that the house we (along with the Dopp's) own in Detroit was broken into. At first we were very worried because it sounded like it had really been stripped. A nice neighbor helped us by checking out the house and boarding up the broken door until Austin could get there. He ended up going to visit from Tuesday until Friday. Cadence and I really missed him! It turns out the house was not as bad as we had thought. He spent some time with some friends of ours who just moved there, and some of my family (thanks Mosley's, Welch's, & Hornung's for taking care of hi
We had planned the night Austin was coming home to go see his cousin Julia and her husband John in their production of Savior of the World. Not wanting to drive all the way to Provo, then back up to Bountiful, I was equally dreading staying in Salt Lake with a nursing infant. We were on our way to find the regional center and I said to Austin something to the effect of wanting someday to go on a trip like this and just get a hotel to stay the night. I also
After about another hour, he was convinced! Our spontaneous little vacation was great! We ended up in a Best Western just a "stone's throw" away from the regional center. We all got cute new bathing suits (I love mine and we found one for Cadence!). It was a blast, especially after having been apart that week. We had a great time at the show (If you haven't seen Savior of the World, make plans too. It is a wonderful testimony of the Savior's birth and resurrection - very moving)! Cadence slept perfectly in the pull
We had a great time! It was a refreshing little break for us! Maybe we need to be spontaneous a little more often... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment