Saturday, July 30, 2011

Manti Temple Trip

DSC08472 The Relief Society in our ward planned a temple trip to the Manti temple. I automatically shut the idea out of my mind, I mean, I’m nursing! There was no way that I could drive 1 1/2 hrs, to do a 2 1/2 hour session, and leave my nursing infant. DSC08475

Yet, for some reason, I brought it up to Austin anyway, just telling him they were having one, but I wouldn’t be going. He immediately said he thought I should go, and worked out a way. We’d bring the kids down so I could nurse Kory right before going in, then nurse him when I got out. DSC08487

I dragged my feet. It was so much extra work, when we have a temple right here in Provo! I had to pack lunches, get ready for the temple, and get the kids ready for the trip. Then Austin decided that he would take the boys swimming…more work for me!

On top of it, the night before was horrible with the boys (I know – STILL dragging my feet). Austin commented that it being a hard thing was actually good for me (and that’s just what I wanted to hear).

Well, you’ve probably guessed it turned out to be a very enjoyable temple experience. I was grateful for the Thompson’s coming down with us! That made it even more fun! We took some time after looking at the different pioneer sites in Spring City.DSC08488 I wish we could’ve seen more down there! They go there every year, but we’ve never had a chance to go with them. Next year we’re hoping to have a trip together, without all the boys. I’m excited for it!

DSC08484DSC08482

There is something about struggling to get to the temple. There is something about it being hard that makes the blessings that much more intense. Revelation flowed so easily during this temple trip. I know it’s because of the great sacrifices we made to go.DSC08477

Even more, I’m grateful for friends (Melanie and Elise) who supported me in going and showed excitement, even when I was grouchy! Most of all, I’m grateful to Austin, for “making” me go. No wonder God gives us each other! I am closer to Him today because of them.

.

No comments: