Another little blip of regular home life. Our fun-loving Cadence has started watching the show "Wonder Pets" on Netflix. While it's not exactly the most exciting show, what I like about it is that they sing almost EVERYTHING! It's like a mini-toddler-opera! So great! On a pretty regular basis, Cadence has been making up his own songs, plugging in the happenings around him to familiar wonder pets songs and making his own up as well! It was cute to hear him sing "Kory's crying, he needs a diaper change, we need to help him!" (instead of It's a baby koala, stuck in a tree, we need to help him). My favorite is when the little duck sings "This is serious". It's really funny hearing that sung throughout our house when things "get serious". (I'm laughing just thinking about it...)
He is getting to be a great story teller too, though it's pretty comical when we don't understand what he's saying. We came home from church last Sunday and I was trying to teach him about paying tithing and going to meet with the Bishop for tithing settlement. I was having a hard time teaching him about both in a simple way, so I described, "If you have ten pennies, you give one back to the Lord, through the Bishop."
Not an hour later we were back at the church waiting for tithing settlement, at the same time that ward choir was getting out. He disappeared and shortly I found him with his nursery teachers, Brother and Sister Ferrin, who quizzically asked, "He lost his penny at the beach?". I thought for a moment and realized what a great job he did listening to our little lesson on tithing! I laughed and relayed his real intent in telling him the story. It's common now that we have to clarify with each other what exactly he's trying to get across, but it sure makes all of us laugh!
No comments:
Post a Comment