I've gotten so far behind with posting that it's hard to decide where to "catch up". I mean a real post (I know you want it Cristina!) - one with pictures AND journaling.
So here's a post with the
excuses reasons I haven't been posting.
 |
| Cadence loves to wear glasses like Mommy & Daddy! |
Number 1 - POTTY TRAINING (okay, no photos here - sorry I can't take them of my 3 year old in underwear) YAY! We started serious potty training with Cade about a week and a half ago and today was his first accident free day (going to two different places) AND he is (hold your breath) wearing underwear to bed for the first time! We've done everything from treats to charts to "potty pizza parties" (more about the methods and madness at Amy's blog). I think changing has kept him from being bored and helped him realize that he really can have whatever he wants - which he likes. I don't care, as long as he's using the potty (which happens to be so against how I usually am - probably why he likes it). He also gets a potty song which goes something like this (to "the Bear Went Over the Mountain")
Cadence peed in the potty (or flushed the toliet or what have you)
Cadence peed in the potty
Cadence peed in the potty
Everyone shout, "Hooray!"
(then of course we all say "HOORAY").
I have to say that as funny as it may sound, God does care about individual problems. I really felt like I was being shown what he responds to and how he learns. I felt like I was encouraged along the way. Pray about all of your problems. God really does care.
 |
| Kory ALWAYS holds on in his carseat. Am I really THAT crazy of a driver? |
Number 2 - (is conveniently child number 2) SLEEP TRAINING Kory (meaning sleep through the night w/o help getting back to sleep, 12 hours being a typical night's sleep for his age). Kory took awhile longer to train than Cadence, but I think it's because he's much older when we started. Conveniently, he slept through the night about 3 nights before he decided to pop out his top teeth (still working on them with all the drool, biting and fussiness to prove it). Teething makes the poor baby want to nurse and I just can't resist. So, he's back to waking up, but I'm trying to follow his cues.
Maybe either excuse by itself doesn't seem good enough (especially with how much I LOVE recording our family events - no really, I love it), but when you consider I was doing them both at the same time... well, what was I thinking?! Still, it's about two weeks into the journey and we're entering the light at the end of the tunnel. My house looks cleaner and I feel happier (because there is more time for me and what I love to do (this simple little blog). We're settling into a more regular routine and finally, after 10 months, I feel like I may be getting used to two children (of course, Kory hasn't hit the terrible twos yet). To be continued...
No comments:
Post a Comment