Actually, we had a very relaxed morning after a day at Disney and didn't get to SeaWorld until just after lunch. Thankfully, my dad knew the show was about to start and took us straight there. I was glad we didn't miss it. In fact, they knew SeaWorld pretty well and it was nice to get to see most everything with only occasionally glancing at a map.
| He was giggling the whole time! |
| I tried to let him pet them, but gave up when he kept trying to reach further in the pool and closer to falling in! |
Just outside, they had a sting ray encounter so you could pet the rays. Cadence loved it!
Next we saw the alligators, which we learned were given that name because they looked like big lizards. If you look really close there is a lizard on the small rock on the right. The difference in size is amazing! I think "big" lizard was an understatement.
The penguins were next and I was surprised how many different types of penguins there were. I wanted to learn more about them, but Cadence didn't seem interested in any of the educational parts. So we just watch them. It's so neat how they can swim underwater. Do they actually fly? They have interesting breeding patterns too. In most breeds, both parents incubate the egg and feed the baby.
We saw some frogs in the gift shop (real frogs) that were blue and yellow. Cade loved watching them. At first he couldn't find them, I think because he was expecting green frogs. Kory and mommy then took a break (hence the lack of pictures) and Grandma & Grandpa took Cade to see the seals and the sharks. Grandma said he kept looking in other people's strollers saying "Where's my kid?" Grandma said, "You mean, Kory?" "Yeah, my kid!" So cute! Cadence just loves Kory and it's funny to hear him copy is mama.
We caught up with them in the shark exhibit. They had a cool moving sidewalk that went under the aquarium so you were surrounded by them. A ray went right over top of us too!!
Next Grandpa wanted to take us to a walk through garden where they have mini-shows and talk about animals. Cade couldn't sit still. Aunt Cassie grabbed a snapshot of the bald eagle and then I suggested we leave.
| Flamingos! |
| Forget me not's - a reminder to Daddy - don't forget us!! |
Then we played an arcade game (got a free pass on our receipt) and went over the carousel, which was kind of cheap. It kept stalling. It was also really dark - dark colors, no mirrors, and no lights. But, the boys still enjoyed it.
After the carousel we headed over to this play place they have which is HUGE! I always wanted to do it when I was a kid. It's got big nets and slides. It just looked like a blast. Well, it wasn't. I had to take Cade through because he wasn't quite big enough. I had flip-flops on which kept getting stuck in the netting. Cadence's feet are just small enough that they kept getting stuck between the holes. This is something he would've done with daddy and had a blast if he were here.
When we got off, we saw a spinning up and down kind of ride that looked like fun so we got "in line". Really, there was no one in the line so we were just waiting. Cadence starting running again, so I just let him run through the queue. Next thing I know, I look over and see him running back to me with a HUGE pout, then he finally got a breath in and wailed! His mouth was bleeding and he had somehow given himself two cuts, one just outside his mouth and one inside. It looked like maybe he bit it. Poor kid! It took forever for him to calm down. We headed over to the Shamu show next and took a picture of his little battle wound.
The Shamu show was honestly disappointing after the one we saw last Christmas. Definitely NOT as good. But they had this cool part where you could text your name and picture in, so Cadence got to see himself on the big screen, which cheered him up a bit. He ate a ton while the show was going on and I knew he was tanking up for a long, hard sleep. Grandpa bought them souvineers after the show. Cadence got the dolphin puppet (because he wanted to see the dolphins) and Kory got a Shamu puppet (which was the other show we watched that day). They both really loved them, especially because they squeak. It gets Kory smiling every time and Cade is still trying to figure out how to really work it.
As we were leaving the park, Cadence was singing the Alphabet Song. Grandma thought it was cute and I told her he was just trying to stay awake. He always repeatedly sings that song if he's trying to keep himself going. To prove my point, when he finished it (for like the 3rd time) I said "Let's sing another song" and started singing "I Love to See the Temple". It's another of his favorites, but if he doesn't want to sleep, he won't sing it because it's usually a bedtime song. I got about to the third word and he started blaring the Alphabet Song again. He was asleep (after many more repetitions) before we even arrived home. I changed him for bed, diaper and all and he stayed asleep. He slept a good twelve hours and had a hard sleep, hardly even turning. Poor guy! I honestly didn't know you could wear that little guy out!
No comments:
Post a Comment