Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 5: The Symphony

 My parents treated me to the Orlando Philharmonic Symphony today! It was nice to have a relaxing morning (and they took Cade grocery shopping so it was really relaxing). We saw the matinee show and I caught a peak of my old high school friend, Kristen. The show was fabulous! It was the film behind movie scores - Night at the Oscars. They did music from Ben Hur, Citizen Kane, Gone with the Wind, The Wizard of Oz, & An American in Paris. It was entertaining and even comical at times. I was amazed at how much more I enjoyed the movies with a live orchestra behind. We also enjoyed some delicious roasted nuts!
 This evening, everyone headed off the adult session of conference. It felt good to have a relatively slow day with not much on my mind. After having left the boys for two events in 24 hours, I leisurely put them to bed and enjoyed spending time with them. Kory didn't eat well from a bottle either time I was gone, so I wanted to stay home with him especially. Erin was in town just for the day practically so we hung out a bit after I put the boys to bed. I started the sing-off and made a treat for everyone when they came back. They filled me in on adult conference, which was all about the importance of eternal relationships. Elder Anderson, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, is here this weekend for stake conference. A special treat! I was a little bummed not to go because the adult session is always better than the Sunday session. I wasn't about the leave my boys again though and only had a little time with Erin. Still, I'm excited to hear what they have to say tomorrow and also excited at the prospect of seeing a lot of people I haven't seen in awhile.

No comments: