We had a great Valentine's Day this year! For Family Night (the night before) Cadence and I made heart-shaped tortilla chips & we all enjoyed them with Mango Salsa.
On the morning of Valentine's Day, we made heart-shaped pancakes (those are free-style, baby!) and everyone got a new book and heart-shaped bookmark from mom :)
We've been going to a kick-boxing class our stake is hosting at the stake center on Tuesday and Thursday mornings. Melanie and I decided to host a Valentine's Party after kickboxing. The kids had a blast!
We decorated Valentine bags and passed them out. There was a TON of people, and a lotta' love (hehe). We also made some delicious heart shaped goodies to share. Heart shaped PB & J sandwiches around some heart-shaped kabobs (the pineapples were hearts, with grapes on the lower end).
I feel silly I didn't get more pictures of Cadence. He was so busy playing I hardly saw him! He did write his name on all his Valentine's (over a couple day stretch) and now knows how to spell his name because of it! We also had fun sending Valentine's a few weeks before to his cousins (and uncle I should add). He loved getting them back in the mail & email (thanks, Michael, Lilly, Sadi, Shane, and Holly)!
Kory on the other hand...
...well, he loves his mommy :) I took him back right after this shot. He played pretty nice much of the time, but mostly just hung out near me.
Unfortunately, Austin had school on that day, so I offered to babysit for friends going out on a Valentine Date. It was a great day full of friends and family who we love!
No comments:
Post a Comment