We had a great time running up to Idaho for a short reunion and visit. The boys LOVE hotels because they get to go swimming. They are both such fish (though I must say hotel pools are exhausting for moms with kids who can't swim)
.

 |
| Check out little Ethan! I'm glad summer is over so I don't have to buy a new suit. |
 |
| The boys get Daddy time! |
 |
| Just love the hair! |
We brought some yard games and others did as well. Austin and I had a
great time playing ladderball. I won (with a serious amount of luck).
And the family... (we were glad so many came)
 |
| Grandma loving on Kory - who was SO exhausted! |
 |
| Cadence re-meeting his Great-Grandmother |
 |
| Mom's new haircut - love it! |
We got some good group shots and enjoyed catching up with everyone. It's the first time we've done one and I was grateful I could experience it with my parents! I was especially grateful to see Grandma. It's been almost a year! I've tried to catch her, even by phone, and it's been hard. It was fun see her just after her birthday!
With such a quick trip, we didn't really get to do much else. Dad really wanted to go to
Maddox in Brigham City to eat. Everyone thought it was a po-dunk hole-in-the-road. Turns out, it has a nice formal sitting area (and a lodge you can stay at right next door) and a NINETY-minute wait. What a bummer! So we missed that this time but I think now Dad has convinced us and it's on our list of places to eat in December.
We also didn't get to do any of the touristy sites in Idaho. I was hoping to take Cadence to see
Craters of the Moon, because he's been so interested in volcanos. We also missed the
Brigham City Temple Open House. So, now we have a fun list of things to do next time. We just hope the trip can be a little longer!
No comments:
Post a Comment