Monday, September 10, 2012

It's Always Fun with Grandpa (and Grandma) Come!

Last week, the Baron grandparents came to for a visit. We really enjoyed having them here! They came because dad had a reunion of his siblings and mother (plus descendents) in Idaho on Saturday (a separate post). They helped us work on so many projects to get the house put back together before Ethan comes. First on the list? Choosing a paint color... 
(and Kory's cowboy ride in Daddy's hat)

 See the colors in the background? Neither were picked and we chose two more before the final as well. It was so hard to decide! The texture makes the paint colors look different and even the right side of the furnace (yellow) looks VERY different from the left (that white-ish pink) because the right side gets the window light and the left doesn't. We ended up choosing "Blondee", but the paint job final pics are another post (I feel weird taking pictures because I don't feel like the room is "done" yet...). I always find my best inspiration out of fabrics and mom was so good to help with it!
"All Clear for take off? Launch in 10...9...8..." 
 Here is our little astronaut (Cadence) who happens to be taking Astronaut Grandma and Astronaut Grandpa to the moon in their space helmets! He's really into space right now! He surprised Grandma with his knowledge. She was reading his space book and got to the part about the first man on the moon. As soon as she said "Neil Armstrong" Cadence announced, "he died". Well, he's been interested, and it was in the paper, so we told him and he told her.
Grandpa, Grandma & Cousin Connor
 We had a nice BBQ for Labor Day, which you don't see pictured because I was having too good of a time to take them! The next night (while Austin had school) we went up to Ed & Jenn's for dinner. We did some singing, which we always have a sneak in :) I surprised myself - I can actually still sing! Sometimes I forget it's a part of me (besides lullabies, potty songs, and clean-up songs).

Jenn
Kory

Ed  
Wednesday, we went to IKEA on the way to the airport and then dropped them off to fly home. Both of the boys fell asleep on the way home - exhausted and happy. I'm so glad they are coming back soon because we already missed them terribly and had such a good time! It was easy for me to work on projects for the baby or tend to the kids because I had so much help! Cade & Kory just LOVED spending time with their grandparents!

No comments: