Austin had his first night of class tonight and I got a little excited! Seeing as we plan to home school our children, I had the thought that this may be the only real “first day of school” for our family that involved some kind of commute. Perhaps not, but I had to seize the opportunity! My friend Melanie provided the supplies (most of them) and my sister Maria (the cake expert) came over to help with the design (yes, it was made with Twinkies – which was actually a bit challenging with the frosting).
I think it turned out pretty cute! It was fun to do and I had to admit to Maria that it was probably more for me than it was for Austin. Turns out not much was actually eaten, but it was still a fun little surprise!
Cadence has fallen in love with the song “Wheels on the Bus” so when he got up the next morning and went looking for breakfast, it was like a living musical – complete with a random bus inside the fridge and singing “all through the town.”
Congrats Austin on starting your MBA at U of U!
We are so proud of you!
No comments:
Post a Comment